Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The City Church

This week I and twenty, that's right twenty, others from my church are at the FMCI East Coast conference. Last night was awesome!!! Ken Blackwell, former Ohio Secretary Of State, was the speaker. His word was engaging and challenging. I would love to be able to hang out with that man for a while. If you ever get the chance to hear him speak TAKE IT!

This morning the first session was a panel discussion. They had three twenty-something speakers who were given the question, "What would the church look like if your generation was in charge?" I filled up a page with just bullet point notes that I am going to take home and chew on. It was excellent!!!

One of the ideas that really spoke to me what the idea of the church without a building. That can rock your world! I have had the idea for a while now that we should consider the city we are in to be our "church". Not just the meeting place we meet in on Sundays. I want to expand this idea a little more in me...

Well, gotta run to the next meeting.

No comments: